September 23, 2011

Wedding Soap Favors



For favors, we gave out handmade soap with recycled, handmade soap dishes. The soap was a simple recipes I found on Brambleberry's Soap Queen Blog. The scent I called Summer Wedding, but is Brambleberry's energizing fragrance. To me it smells citrus-y and summery. Almost everything I used to make the soap came from Brambleberry. Awesome shop. The ribbon I purchased at Forever Wed.



The soap dishes were made from scrap wood from the oak flooring we installed throughout most of our house. It couldn't be used for the flooring for various reasons such as being too warped, having the tongue cut off, too short to look good and so on. I couldn't let all this scrap wood go to waste, so some of it got turned into simple soap dishes. To do that, I just cut off the tongue, made them a uniform size to fit the bar of soap, and added three drainage grooves to help direct water away from the soap. In the process I also got to use a table saw for the first time. That was fun.

We still have a bunch of scrap wood left over. Do you have any ideas on how to use it? Please tell me below. I'm itching to make something or somethings with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment