March 21, 2011

Marion Smith inspired art journal

This project is also being entered in K Andrew's Simply Sunday "All A Flutter Challenge at Getting Cricky.

I've been watching some of the Prima Live videos lately and really love Marion Smith's projects. She made a couple of altered art journals lately and I was inspired to make my own.

The cover is painted canvas art board. The lace was my grandmothers and was spritzed with blue and green Glimmer Mist. It's mostly to hide my chop job on the bottom of the cover. The paper butterflies were cut from one of Lettering Delights doodlebats font. They were inked and the dark green one was embossed. The 'create' was made with rubons, then dabbed with liquid glue to make them stay on the canvas since they wanted to come off.


Below are a few pages that I have complete. There are lots more to do.

The shapes were randomly cut from scrap paper pieces and inked.


Tim Holtz stamps were used for the tag


I love the little owl in the corner and the tree punch I used for the bottom.


My favorite page so far. The bird was hand cut and lightly stamped with black ink then embossed. The quote says "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song" by Lori Holtz.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!!

    Check out my blog... I have an award for you!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/2011/03/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    This is beautiful--every detail has been well thought out. I love how you used the pearls to accent the bird's nest--such a great detail!
    Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge.

    All the Cricky Best,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropped in From the Link up Party at K Andrews. I love the flowers.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete