February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!  I made sugar cookies for my in-laws and my husband this past weekend.  It's the first time I've ever decorated cookies like this before.  Normally, I hate rolling and cutting out cookies. It's so time consuming and difficult.  However, the recipe I used was very easy to work with. I had a lot of fun making these. 






I used 3 recipes from Karen's Cookies...her Basic Rolled Sugar Cookies, Meringue Powder Buttercream and Candy Clay.  The buttercream was flavored with vanilla and raspberry flavorings.  I also made two batches of the Candy Clay...semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate. The white chocolate was mixed with different colors for the mini roses and leaves.  I'm not very good at piping yet, but hopefully I'll get better.  The cookies are very good.

I also made a few horse cookies for my mother-in-law. 


No comments:

Post a Comment